This Week's Paper: A Reporter With a Record; Marijuana Dispensaries Face Financial Pressures
- In Fair Game: the new cops and courts reporter at the Times Argus is a convicted sex offender — and the TA doesn't want to talk about it.
- Vermont environmentalist Bill McKibben
and his allies are pushing divestment as the next big weapon in the fight against climate change.
- Vermont's future medical marijuana dispensaries will likely face money woes in the face of high licensing fees, few patients and federal laws that consider them illegal.
- Speaking of pot: A former New York City prosecutor, now a Vermont Law School professor, has launched a new blog to examine drug policies, and their consequences, in the United States.
- One year after the Occupy movement, activists are turning to a new trend: offering free food to the needy.
- And just for fun, find out what Seven Days writers have on their wish lists for Vermont. (Paul Heintz wins the award for least practical suggestion.)